Sunday, January 15, 2012

Things, they are a-coming

Hi All,

It's me, Chloe, with an update on the happenings here at the Sewing Room.

Well, last week MOM started knitting my sweater, it's a real bright pink. Travis says you can see me  coming in the dark with it on. He's just jealous because he doesn't have a nice soft sweater to wear. And it matches a scarf that MOM knit and, MOM is also knitting me a snood ( you know, the thing you see on a lot of Greyhounds' neck to help keep them warm) in yarn that matches the scarf. I wasn't crazy about the snood until MOM put it around my neck. Now, I love my snood - I can wear it sorta like a turtle neck or pull it up and cover my ears so they don't get cold. MOM told Gracie that when SHE was finished with my snood SHE will make a sweater and snood for her. Gracie said she wants hers in bright red. MOM said SHE had the yarn for her sweater but needs to find the right yarn for the snood. Gracie said she was anxious to wear her sweater and snood because she gets so cold outside (of course, she would stay warmer if she would put on some weight).

MOM and I also picked out some fabric for 2 quilts - 1 for me and 1 for Gracie. They have pinks, blues, reds, blacks, flowers, and hearts on them. MOM said they would be about 42x60 inches so we can curl up and stay warm. I told MOM that mine could be a little more square and SHE said that was OK with HER.

Of course, when Travis heard that MOM and I were going to make some quilts, he had to pipe up and say he wanted one but NOT with hearts or flowers on them. I told him that MOM and I would have to see what fabrics were in the stash closet and we'd get back with him. I don't think he liked that because he was heard saying, under his breath, that HE wanted to pick out the fabric because girls just didn't understand what a guy likes and they would screw it up and he wouldn't have a quilt. MOM told him he could help since Gracie and I helped pick out our fabric (he was OK with that).

MOM said that SHE was going to add the sweaters and scarves and snoods and some knit blankies to this page so SHE could keep it together and not have it allover the place. I told HER that was fine with me.

Well, not much else to report. I hope I can have some pictures of the new stuff, so hurry back to see.

Until later,

Chloe.

No comments:

Post a Comment